Who We Are
An official body of the NDP created under its Constitution, the Persons Living with disAbilities Committee (PLWDC) brings together from across the country grassroots party activists with disabilities and their allies.
What We Do
Our Vision and Mission statements guide the activism of the PLWDC. In our primary work, we:
- Represent the interests of people living with disabilities on the Federal Executive and Federal Council and make concrete recommendations to the Party's Officers
- Maintain relationships with the Critic and Party staff tasked with disability issues (and others as appropriate)
- Develop and promote policy recommendations on disability issues
- Liaise with our Party's membership living with disabilities and with disability organizations in all provinces and territories
- Engage Canadians with disabilities in the electoral and political process, including the promotion and support of the election of candidates with disabilities
Why You Should Join the NDP PLWDC
Government and politics matter. Building an inclusive, accessible Canada requires that our voices be heard. The NDP is the only federal political party that puts social justice first – and is ready and willing to listen and to act on what is heard. Join the conversation and help build a more just, equal and sustainable Canada.
How Can You Get Involved
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org